Obstetrics is an area of medicine that specialises in the health and care of women and their unborn children during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum period. Our Obstetric Services include:
- Preconception screening
- Fertility treatment
- Antenatal scans, tests and care (i.e. amniocentesis, cordocentesis, ultrasound)
- Natural and caesarean childbirth delivery
- Treating women with high risk pregnancy both during and after pregnancy
- Monitoring patients’ health and their developing babies’ health including doing routine ultrasounds, measurements and pre-natal tests
- Postnatal care (i.e. checking the baby’s well-being and ensuring that there are no obvious congenital abnormalities, checking that placenta is complete, blood loss is normal, checking for tearing of the perineum, vagina or labia, carrying out episiotomy if required checking caesarean wound)
- Managing and treating patients’ medical conditions that could cause problems during the pregnancy such as high blood pressure, diabetes, infections and genetic disorders.
Singapore Women's & Children's
We offer a full suite of Obstetrics & Gynaecology sub-specialties and are able to treat a wide range of paediatric medical conditions. Apart from the general Obstetrics & Gynaecology, our Obstetrics & Gynaecology specialists have competencies in managing sub-specialties services such as maternal fetal medicine, fertility, gynae-oncology and urogynaecology. Our Paediatric specialists provide medical services in general paediatric and sub-specialise in neonatology, neurology, child development, as well as allergy, immunology and rheumatology.
Both our Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatric medical specialists have proven track records and diverse sub-specialties expertise and these allow us to provide comprehensive, co-ordinated and convenience care through cross referrals and joint management of our patients.
Our Group Chief Executive Officer, Directors and management team are actively involved in the management of our medical clinics, which enables us to respond quickly to the requirements of our patients and to make decisions promptly.