Fetal Assessment Centre
First Trimester Anatomy Scan
Our Fetal Assessment Centre offers Maternal Fetal Medicine that specialises in complex and high-risk obstetrics care for complicated pregnancy, focusing on keeping both mother and baby healthy before, during and after giving birth.
Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists, also known as MFM specialists, perinatologists, or high-risk pregnancy specialists, are highly trained obstetrician and gynaecologists with advanced expertise in obstetric, medical, and surgical complications of pregnancy and their effects on the mother and fetus prior to, during and shortly after pregnancy.
Maternal Fetal Medicine often involves fetal scans, diagnostics tests and other procedures and these are performed by the specialists who will rely on the results of these scans, tests and procedures to assess whether there are pregnancy risks and if so, to manage these risks together with their patients. The prenatal genetic testing are done during the pregnancy to screen or diagnose birth defect complications.
We offer the following services for our patients:
- One-stop clinic for assessment of risk (OSCAR) for fetal anomalies during the first trimester of a pregnancy (11 to 14 week).
- Fetal anomaly scan screens for chromosomal defects during the second trimester of a pregnancy (20 to 22 week)
- Pre-eclampsia is high blood pressure that can be caused by pregnancy. The screening involves an ultrasound scan to measure the placenta blood flow at around 11 to 13 week gestation and the screening includes blood test, understanding maternal history and history of high blood pressure.
- Chorionic villus sampling test is done to determine whether there is genetic abnormalities.
- Amniocentesis is a procedure used to diagnose fetal defects in the early second trimester of pregnancy. A sample of the amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac in the uterus of a pregnant woman is obtained by inserting a hollow needle through the abdominal wall.
Singapore Women's & Children's
We offer a full suite of Obstetrics & Gynaecology sub-specialties and are able to treat a wide range of paediatric medical conditions. Apart from the general Obstetrics & Gynaecology, our Obstetrics & Gynaecology specialists have competencies in managing sub-specialties services such as maternal fetal medicine, fertility, gynae-oncology and urogynaecology. Our Paediatric specialists provide medical services in general paediatric and sub-specialise in neonatology, neurology, child development, as well as allergy, immunology and rheumatology.
Both our Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatric medical specialists have proven track records and diverse sub-specialties expertise and these allow us to provide comprehensive, co-ordinated and convenience care through cross referrals and joint management of our patients.
Our Group Chief Executive Officer, Directors and management team are actively involved in the management of our medical clinics, which enables us to respond quickly to the requirements of our patients and to make decisions promptly.